Tuesday, May 01, 2007

follicle count

Well, my E2 is nice and high, over 500. However, I have only 4 follicles over 12 mm and 4 smaller ones. That's 8. 8 is no good. I had 7 last time, and look what happened.

In even worse news, the largest one is already 19mm. That means I have one way bigger than the others which means there is less time for the smaller ones to grow.

Needless to say, all hope is lost. Okay, not all; I will still be extremely sad and disappointed when this doesn't work. But I really think it won't work again. Oh, to be proven wrong. I usually love to be right. I'm a gloater. I'm an 'I told you so'-er. But this time, please, please let me be wrong.

I am thinking more and more about sperm donation. I thought I was ready, but when this new information comes up about how things aren't going too well, I lose it. I am sad. Very sad. I could have a baby that isn't genetically T's? I know that if we go that route, it will be our baby. I have an adopted niece, and she is most definitely ours. But it's just so odd. So weird. So 'I can't believe this is happening to me and that this is my actual life.' All I know is I'm tired of waiting. It's been a year and a half since we first learned we were pregnant. It's time for us to be preparing for a baby.

I start the antagonist tonight, and I have to go in for another blood level and follicle count tomorrow. Stupid 19mm follicle.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

wow, you have a 19mm after five days of stims? do they think maybe they will just let that one go and try to grow the others?? stranger things have happened, i don't think it's time to give up yet.

i have a friend who is now 14 weeks pregnant after an IVF cycle where she had one early dominant follicle (nicknamed follizilla), but eventually others caught up and she got pregnant after five eggs retrieved. i'm sorry if that sounds about as annoying as "i have a cousin who got pg as soon as she submitted her adoption papers," i just thought you might want to know.

best of luck to you rachel.

Serenity said...

*hug*

8 isn't good at all. GRRR.

I am hoping that some of the others start catching up, hon.

Fingers crossed here.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Oh no Rachel. I wish I had some good advice for you. I hope that the others start catching up. I will be checking in. Sending you a hug.