Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another thing

I forgot to mention that we learned a lot about our embryos during this RE visit. Though all 4 fertilized, only 3 were biopsied because one arrested. I specifically asked the nurse on day 3 how they were, and she said she heard nothing so she assumed all of them were fine. They knew by day 3 that one wasn't growing. The nurse that called me should have this information. I specifically asked and was given no information, nor was I told that they could check it out and get back to me. This pisses me off. Anyway, only 3 went off for PGD, so just one more than the first time.

I got my dates from the PGD coordinator. Looks like I start injections on June 7.

With all of this information, I now feel really surprised that I was able to get pregnant so many times so easily. What the hell?

I guess it's just because I'm throwing my body off its kilter. This is just crazy.

6 comments:

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I found your blog via Serenity and Mary Ellen....I also heard that you might be coming to the BBISP. I am just catching up on your blog and want you to know that I will be reading it and rooting for you from now on!

ultimatejourney said...

That's really annoying that they didn't give you the full information about all the embies. That would make me mad too.

I can understand why you're frustrated about your situation overall, but I'm really hoping the new protocol works well and you don't need to wait so long for your babies.

Sarah said...

ultimatejourney prettymuch took the words outta my mouth. very annoying about the clinics non-communication, but hoping for you with this new protocol.

Mel said...

oh yes, it is annoying when they neglect to tell you things. Especially when you specifically asked.
I will have everything crossed for you
(((HUGS)))

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with this protocol. I would be pissed too for not getting all of the information. I so hope that you guys don't have to think about next steps after this cycle. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got more information but how irritating that the nurse didn't give you everything. Sometimes I feel you have to drag answers out of the medical staff and if you don't ask exactly the right question, you don't get the information.

I hope things go well with this new cycle. I am also a poor responder so I was interested to see there is a special protocol. Must speak to my RE about that.