Monday, May 14, 2007

Meme

It is my turn to complete the 'I am' meme that ultimatejourney tagged me for. (Excuse the grammar of the previous sentence. It's been a long week.)

I don't know if this thing has any rules. If it does, I'm ignoring them.

I am opinionated.
I am a teacher.
I am a knitter.
I am a crocheter.
I am a gardener.
I am a reader.
I am kind of uptight and high strung.
I am smart and funny.
I am loud.
I am surprised that I found someone so wonderful to marry.
I am blessed with a wonderful family.
I am stronger than I thought I was.
I am weaker than others think I am.
I am incredibly saddened by all that has happened to us.
I am so shocked when I see my list of 3 miscarriages and 2 failed IVFs.
I am certain that I will be a mom some day.

As I said before, I think this meme has made the rounds, so I'm not going to tag anyone specific. But, if you haven't been tagged, please take this comment as a tag.

3 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I'm kind of uptight and high strung too.

Regarding choosing a donor -- it got much easier when our backs were against the wall. Before the surgery, I looked at the websites and felt overwhelmed and felt that nobody was quite right. It's still true that nobody is as good as hubby, but we have much more control in this situation than we would if we were adopting. And our donor is surprisingly good. (If you're picky enough, you don't have that many choices once you comb through the list, so that helps a lot in narrowing things down.)

Anonymous said...

I like that you have choosen to ignore any rules. Not that there really are many for these. But I like it!

Sarah said...

i am certain you will be a mom too. you didn't say that you are determined and tenacious, not one to give up, but given how it must feel to see that awful list, and the fact that you press on, it's clear you're not going to give up until you have your child.