Monday, May 28, 2007

crafting

Crafting has kept me sane in these insane times. I find it comforting. It's methodical, I can make it just the way I want, it's pretty and useful, it makes a great gift, and I can see progress in every step I take. I have control over my projects in this life where I have little control of everything else. I enjoy shopping for materials and trying new and different projects. When I feel like sitting and doing nothing, I can crochet and knit and still feel like I'm accomplishing something.

E's baby is going to be one year old in July. This is the present I made him. (Hint: it's my version of that bunny I linked to earlier.)




Isn't it cute? I love his little tail. And the tail and feet triangulate so he sorts of sits up. I made it cotton so that if he puts it in his mouth it won't pill. Yay bunny!

9 comments:

Mony said...

Cutest thing ever!
I would buy one off you for sure!

ultimatejourney said...

That's adorable!

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

The ears are my favourite bit -- alien bunny! :)

Samantha said...

Very cute! E's boy should love him!

Sarah said...

that's adorable rachel! wow, i'm so impressed!!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

So cute!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

That bunny is adorable! Nice work.

Becks said...

Sorry I have been missing in action, as you know I have been away and been a bit distant from the blog world. BUT I just wanted to drop by and say hi, the bunny is adorable...want one want one.

I do hope everthing works out well for you in the next cycle. I'm a worrier too, and its a nightmare so i hope yours go away really soon.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bunny! I think I might want one myself!