Thursday, May 10, 2007

canceled again

The RE called our house this morning and told us that although all 4 embryos thrived through biopsy and day 5, they were all chromosomally abnormal. Our embryo transfer is canceled again.

Though we expected this news, it is never easy to hear and we are both extremely sad.

We thought that it would be good to get out of the house, so we are planning on bringing T's mother to Newport, RI.

Thank you for your hopefulness for us. We will be trying one more round of IVF with micro-dose Lu*pron, and if that fails we will move on to donor sperm.

15 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so sorry Rachel. It sucks and it isn't fair. You and T. are in my thoughts.

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so sorry. You two deserve much, much better.

Sarah said...

oh crap rachel, i'm so sorry. sending virtual hugs your way. and maybe a gigantic chocolate cake and some serious liquor.

Paige said...

So sorry. I have been reading and hoping so much for you. You deserve much better ultimatejourney is right.

Samantha said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Things seemed to going in the right direction, so I know you must be very disappointed. {hugs}

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

So sorry sweetie... :(

Becks said...

I am so sorry to hear this news Rachel. I do hope you are both ok. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending a hug right now.

Serenity said...

Hugs and love to you, hon.

Hopeful Mother said...

I'm so sorry. I know you were expecting it, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Thinking of you and hoping for things to go better for your next cycle...

squarepeg said...

I'm really sorry. No matter how prepared you are, news like that still just sucks.

Anonymous said...

fI am so sorry, Rachel. This is so unfair.

Anonymous said...

This sucks. A lot. I'm so sorry for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I am so, so, so very sorry.

Erica

Mama Bear said...

I'm so so sorry. There are no other words...it's all so unfair...

Sara said...

Oh shite. I'm so sorry. It's just not fair that you have to battle such astronomical odds just to make it to the starting line. I really hope that things work out better next time.