Friday, July 20, 2007

pregnancy and babies everywhere

Tomorrow I am helping to run a booth at a local arts and crafts festival. We have displays of yarns and knitting and crochet techniques. We will be giving free lessons and giving people the opportunity to make a square to become part of a blanket we will donate to charity. I have been trying to tell people about our booth so that many people will come an visit. This leaves me face to face with a reality that we are surrounded by fertile people.

E and her baby will probably stop by. A co-worker of T's and his wife and baby may stop by. T's boss's wife is due on 9/22. Another co-worker of T's recently announced his wife's pregnancy. A couple other of T's co-workers may stop by with their children. With the exception of E, T and I were pregnant before all of these people. Two or three times. They have babies. We have yet to purchase a vial of frozen sperm.

Why is life so cruel?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

ugh, i hope the day goes as well as can be expected. bring us home some new pics of those great little critters you've crocheted!

AshPash said...

I hope the craft show is a nice diversion and there are not too many bellies hanging around you. Good luck with the decision on the donor.

CAM said...

I like to call those kind of days "Fertility Fests" Its amazing to me that all of those people can just reproduce so easily?! You have to find the humor in it or you'll go crazy. I have a 2 year old birthday party coming up and I am not looking forward to the bellies and babies. Hopefully I'll be off meds and able to drink at least!
Thanks so much for visiting my site and for your comments...so nice.
:)