Saturday, July 28, 2007

Doing Okay

This morning T was acting hyper. When he is hyper he talks in puns and non-sequiturs. Sometimes he does little dances. It's very cute. He kept babbling and babbling, and he didn't know why. Earlier this morning I decided it would be a good idea if we made coffee (decaf cappuccino for me) and watch "John From Cincinnati" on TiVo. We never do this on Saturday mornings, but it was rainy and humid, and we had to clean because my parents are coming over, and I thought it would be a relaxing start to the day. We love coffee and we love the show. So, after the show was over and the coffee was gone, and he got out of the shower, he shouts over to me, "Why am I acting like this?"

My answer? "I think it's because you're happy, sweetie."

"Happy? Huh. I remember happy. Maybe that's what it is! How novel."

So, I guess we had a good morning.

I'm starting to spot, so CD 1 will be here tomorrow. I'm starting to get nervous about the dIUI. I think all the paperwork is in place, but I nervous that something will go wrong. On Monday I will call the bank and make sure everything is set. We're doing this non-medicated with only one vial. One IUI. We're putting all of our eggs, so to speak, in this one basket. I have been pregnant from having se.x only one time (just like they warn you in se.x ed class), so for our first try, we are thinking this is enough. Probably for our second try too, but if it gets to a third try, we're going to do something else. And maybe I'll change my mind and want clomid for the second try, but we shall see what happens.

I just think it's so weird that this unmedicated IUI is so expensive. I mean, I feel like I'm paying hundreds of dollars to have se.x (sort of). With IVF, it felt different because of the medication and the intervention, and there were things going on that I could never have done on my own. But with this procedure, we could basically do it all on our own. (Well, an ICI on our own. Not an IUI exactly, but it doesn't feel that different.) So it just seems a little crazy. But it is what it is, and it's what we're doing. We still haven't heard about insurance. I guess that's another call I have to make on Monday.

So, whenever I think about the IUI, I feel butterflies in my stomach. Already. I am incredibly nervous that it is not going to work right away -- and statistically it doesn't work right away. But I also half expect it to work right away (since it has for me before), so I'm nervous that if it doesn't I will freak out. I know, I'm making myself crazy. But that's what I do best!

So, time is marching forward slowly. Our house is nice and clean (downstairs anyway) and we are taking my dad out for his birthday tonight. BBQ and frozen custard! Woo hoo!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I have my fingers crossed for you! I just hope hope hope that this works. it does seem crazy that an unmedicated IUI is so expensive. A weird thought. But hopefully it'll all be worth it.

Carey said...

Statically, a well timed IUI has the same chance of working as two IUIs :) Since yours is so expensive, I'll assume you are getting some monitoring done?

Fingers are crossed for you guys!!!!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am quite certain that I would be in exactly the same state of mind if I were in your position....You know that my fingers are crossed for you and that I am here if you need me.

It's great that T is feeling good again. It sounds like he has worked through much of the loss involved in using donor sperm...

XOXOXO

Samantha said...

My DH acts a little like T when he gets happy too! I'm glad you had a good and relaxing morning. It seems like you two are both feeling ready to move forward and that's a good thing!

I hope, even if it's not statistically likely, that one unmedicated cycle is all you'll need.

Happy said...

We're doing the first few inseminations w/no meds. I don't really care about the cost, afterall we have our adoption fund to use, but the doctor is being cautious because of my MS and the ups and downs of the hormones are not the best for me.

I see what Carey & Steph commented...that is VERY nice to hear!!