We've determined that the oven is definitely broken. We just have to decide if it's worth it to have someone look at it, or if we should just get a new one. I have no idea who would fix our oven nor how much it would cost to have him (or her) come out to look at it. And what if s/he comes and just tells us that we need to get a new stove. Our stove is definitely old, and we'd have to replace it eventually anyway. Ah, the delight of home ownership.
I've realized several times, but also forgotten several times, to talk about the bird's nest. It all went so fast. The chicks have left. But they were there for several days, and I showed them off to several people, and then one day I watered the pansy and there were no baby birds. So, much luck to our baby birds. I hope they find lots of food and some nice shelter out there in the world. Meanwhile, the nest is still there. T looked up about house finches and the females sometimes mate a second time, so maybe she'll come back and lay some more eggs. We'll have to see.
My boss seems to be taking the fact that I'm leaving pretty hard. She sent me these really severe emails which pointed out everything I did wrong, no matter how small. Now I did do all of those things imperfectly, which I admit, but she had never taken that kind of tone with me before. I felt like she was trying to convince herself that she was better off without me or something. But my co-worker had a nice, long meeting with her and made her feel better. I know that I am doing nothing wrong by finding a new job, but I just feel like I'm betraying my boss. There is one part of the job that she is going to have a very difficult time finding someone else to do. I offered to work on it for a little while, but she has to know that by August or so, I'm not going to be able to do it any more. I worry that when I tell her that, she's going to freak out on me again. But I can't be expected to still be working on that project in August when I'm leaving my job in June. I know in my head I'm being reasonable, but when I talk to boss-lady, I just feel like I'm not.
I got some more signs that ovulation is coming soon. I'm now worrying -- what if we do get pregnant and it sticks this time? Telling my new work that I'm pg about 3 months into work would be weird. But, I did tell the woman that hired me that we were ttc and that I could be pg at any time, but that if we weren't IVF was a possibility in about 6 months or so. She didn't seem bothered, so I guess I could make the announcement with a clear conscience. But I know that this scenario is super-hopeful anyway. As my mom always said to me, whatever will be will be. I know that I'm doing the right thing, and that's what's important.