Saturday, June 30, 2007

Nope

It was negative. 100% lily white no doubt negative.

I can't say I'm not a little disappointed, but in the end it might be better this way. Having another miscarriage would be worse. Having that tiny bit of hope still there with me is harder. Now we can just mourn our losses and move on. Don't know what those twinges were. In fact, after I got the negative and went back to bed, I felt one. I kind of want to stop taking the progesterone now, but I feel like I have to wait until after the blood test. Is that stupid?

T is still sleeping. I know he is sad, but his response was, "Well, at least we have an answer," so I guess we can now look a donors together.

Even though I've expected to move on to donor all along, it's still a really weird concept to me. But we are going to do this together, and in the end, when we have a baby, it will all be worth it.

16 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so sorry Rachel. Please know that my thoughts are with you today. I am here for you if you need me. Hugs.

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so, so sorry. Even when the odds aren't in your favor and your expectations aren't high, it's far from easy to reach the end of the road to a fully biological child. It's an outcome nobody should have to face.

Using a donor is still a slightly strange concept for me. It definitely takes some getting used to. But I really believe that once we have our children, we won't be able to imagine our families any other way.

We're having a quiet weekend for once, so if there's anything at all I can do to make things easier on you, please call.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry and so sad for you and your husband.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Rachel. You and T are in my thoughts today.

Moving on from having a biological child is a difficult struggle that me and my DH go through every day. I agree with u. journey; no one should have to deal with this. However, I also agree again with u. journey that once we build our families, it won't matter how. We will finally all be mothers; I can only imagine how happy we all will be.

Feel free to call me if you need anything. You and T are in me and J's thoughts and prayers today.

Leah said...

I'm so sorry. Sending you lots of hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Rachel. You're in my thoughts.

Erica

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry :( Wishing you and your DH best wishes.

Samantha said...

Sweetie, I'm sorry. I hope you're doing okay.

Serenity said...

*hug* hon...

Natalie said...

:( So disappointing, even if expected. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that stick was white. It is an awful thing to see.

Almamay said...

I'm so sorry. (((hug)))

Mony said...

It is disappointing, oh so. The thought of getting off the infertility rollercoaster is SO AMAZING......you can't help but hope.
I'm here with you until YOU DO get off this bumpy ride.

ellie said...

so sorry- my heart is with you! It's just a dang shame this has to be such a painful experience- I hope you take time for yourslef before your next step.

AR said...

i am sorry, rachel, to hear about the bfn and i wish you the best - you deserve nothing but

Becks said...

So Rachel, I so hoped you'd beat the odds. It sounds like you are dealing with this really well, and I hope you continue to do so.

Hugs