Thursday, June 07, 2007

stuck

I gave myself my first micro dose Lu*pron shot this morning. Hope it doesn't make me insane like the Lu*pron did last time. I'm hoping the dilution makes the side effects much smaller. I really don't need any help in the crazy department these days. So cycle #3, the final cycle is under way.

I also have a phone interview this morning. It's for a job I don't really want, but it's for a company in the education field, which is why I applied for it. The job is too administrative for me, however. But I will have the interview just to see what they say. I applied for another job last night as well.

The painters are here to wash the house this morning. That means this whole painting thing is really going to happen! I'm still really excited about it.

Insane work anecdote:
We were in a meeting talking about hiring new people. We have been interviewing for a few weeks and have 2 candidates for 2 jobs where references have been checked and we're ready to go. My boss says, "Great! Let's do it! We're all set." And we ask, "Do we have the funds to pay them?" And my boss says, "Oh. Well, except for that."

Okay, people. I work for an insane person. How are we supposed to offer a job to someone when we don't have any money to pay them? And how does someone who doesn't understand that run a group?

8 comments:

Valerie said...

good luck with the lupron this time. I hope this is the cycle for you!

Sarah said...

congrats on the new cycle!! i hope the microdose goes a little easier.

and uh, i don't even know what to say about your boss! glad you've got these interviews, even if they're not the perfect fit, it's great to explore the options. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the cycle, and I hope you are able to find a job that is more fulfilling, and where you are not required to work with a crazy person...

ultimatejourney said...

No wonder you're so frustrated with your job. That's just ridiculous.

Good luck with the new protocol!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with the lupron.

Your boss sounds like a moron.

Samantha said...

That's pretty bizarre about the interview. Yeah, money is a typical reason why people work, so it's kind of important in the hiring process!

Mony said...

All the best with this cycle!

Sara said...

Good luck with the new cycle! I hope that the microdose works well for you.

(Maybe your boss needs a little lupron too. It sounds like he's already completely insane; maybe it'll sort him out.)