Thursday, June 14, 2007

Monitoring and more

I had my first blood test yesterday morning. My E2 was over 700 (it's CD 5) and so my Go.nal-F dosage was reduced to a mere (ha!) 300 iu. I can definitely feel my ovaries. I have my first ultrasound with a follicle count on Friday morning. Wait, that's tomorrow, isn't it? Tomorrow.

Yesterday, I finally spoke with my boss about my job situation. I kept it very general and she didn't get defensive, which is a big deal. She has a tendency to get defensive. Of course, I cried. I feel like I cry every day at work. But I told her that I had some chaos at home, and that work was also very chaotic, and that I needed some sort of change. We got the resume of someone qualified to do a part of my job. Actually, she can do the financial stuff that I was forced but don't know how to do, plus help with another part of my job that I had agreed to. So, if we could hire her, I wouldn't have to feel like I abandoned the group. And, I could still do the database work at my job on a part time basis. Now, like everything at my work, this is all up in the air. I don't know exactly what will happen, but we are interviewing that potential person today. This all came up because we were talking about money to hire people, and I wanted to volunteer some of my salary to hire people since I knew I don't want to -- can't -- stay at my job the way it is right now. One of the best things to come out of this is that my boss acknowledged how chaotic it is to work for our group right now. It's crazy. So, we shall see what happens with this woman today.

T was just in the shower and the water turned brown. We live on a city line, and they're doing street work in the city next door. They turned on a hydrant on our street, and it affected the water pressure and the cleanliness of the water. I went outside and explained to the guy that it's affecting out water and we don't live in the city where he's doing work. I'm sure the folks in the other city were warned about water effects, but we weren't. I'm not showered yet. Oy.

The seats we had at the baseball game were incredible. Unfortunately, both the weather and the game sucked. But I was happy to be there for a little while, and T said that he was happy to see the happy, bouncy Rachel that he used to know. We are so sad all of the time now. And of course, him saying he misses the old me made me sad. There is no part of life IF doesn't touch.

I'm off to do my morning shot.

6 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so glad you talked to your boss and it went well! It sounds like there could be a positive change in the near future. I'm so happy for you -- I know how much you need it.

I'm hoping for the best for you tomorrow.

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Good job for talking to your boss!! Give yourself credit for finding the courage to do it. Expecting yourself not to break down as well is just too much to ask!

And my fingers are crossed for you that tomorrow goes well!!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It sounds like everything is going really well so far! That's awesome!

Mindy said...

I'm sorry things have been so hard for you lately. I hope the hiring plans work out and that it gives you some relief. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I hope the changes that are going to be happening at work will be enough to make it bearable.

Good luck with tomorrow's scan.

Sarah said...

you're so right, it touches every part of our lives. i'm so sorry you're going through this, and hope this new cycle brings you better luck.