Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Surviving

I cried again at work yesterday. It's the combination of the nature of my office and the hormones. I really feel like my boss has no idea how awful it is to work there. I've tried to talk to her about it in the past, but it hasn't worked. I think I need to try again. She is out of the office today, and I've decided to work from home. I'm trying to come up with a strategy for talking to her. Do I mention my 'home' issues? She knows about them in the abstract. I suppose it would be okay to say the chaos at home combined with the chaos at work is just too much. Perhaps I should stay away from the word chaos, however. But I want to be able to tell her how awful work is without making her feel defensive. And I feel like if I say it's a combination of elements, both my own and ones from work, that is the best angle to work from. I'll keep thinking about it.

Both T and I had a terrible day yesterday. We didn't sleep that well Sunday night, and perhaps we had some reaction to spending time with baby S. He's such a good baby and so much fun to be around. It's so sad that something so good and happy can make us so, so sad. Though, when we got home I did manage to make T smile a little. That is a good thing.

I have my first blood draw tomorrow. Then after work we're going to see the Red Sox. I called to ask if it was okay to do my shots late and they said it's no problem. I'm always quite exact about taking my shots. I've brought them out with me so that I can do them on time. But I really didn't want to bring them to Fenway Park. So I don't have to. This is a good thing.

Working from home is nice. Maybe I'll apply for some jobs while I'm at it. Is that bad?

6 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am sorry you had a hard day yesterday. Professionally you need to do whatever you think will make you happiest. Hang in there girl. Thinking of you.

Sarah said...

so great that you can work from home today. glad you're taking it easy on yourself. definitely apply for some more jobs if you feel like it!

ultimatejourney said...

The more I hear, the more it sounds like you shouldn't stay at your job. I would definitely take the opportunity to apply for other jobs while you're home. Have fun tonight!

ultimatejourney said...

Oops, I meant tomorrow night :)

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Take whatever time you can to apply for jobs. You need to take care of YOU first. And that is more important than any job task.

I really and truly hope that you have a fantastic time at the Sox game. Both of you need to be able to kick back and have fun, to take a break from the stress.

Hang in there. And cry all that you need to. You are going through an incredibly painful time!

GO SOX!

Anonymous said...

I hope the game tonight is a great break from all of it.

And if you happen to be working from home and manage to apply for a job or two, go for it!