Thursday, June 29, 2006

Not much new

I'm not blogging as much because not much is new and I've been so busy. My new job is definitely keeping me on my toes, and I'm still going one night a week to my old job on top of it. It seems like lately we've been busy after work almost every day. Tonight's the first night where we've mellowed out with not much to do. Actually, last night wasn't busy either, but I've entered my fertile time and we had other stuff to do. Mr. T is reading over my shoulder and wants me to mention the lovely chicken that we grilled last night. I used a dry rub with seasonings from our favorite place Penzey's. It was Northwoods Seasoning with extra garlic powder and chipotle chili. Super good. And I grilled it just perfectly, so the chicken was yummy and juicy. I steamed some kale as well, and put some olive oil and garlic on that. Mr. T (who despises this moniker) even ate the kale. Tonight we had chard with butter and garlic. He thought it tasted like dirt. I prefer kale myself, but the chard was pretty good too. The tofu I made sucked, in my opinion. I made a jerk barbecue sauce. T didn't think it was so bad, but I kind of disliked it. The last time we used the jerk seasoning it came out crappy too. I need some help with the jerk seasoning.

Anyway, I don't have to work Monday, so I get a nice, long weekend. I'm looking forward to it. We're back in regular ttc mode, and we're starting to take bets on when E has her baby. T thinks it will be sooner, and I think it will be on her due date or later. Who knows.

I'm pretty grumpy, but I'm not sure why. I have an 8 am meeting tomorrow, and I have to get up stupidly early. But at least I'm keeping myself busy. It's definitely helping me not be sad. Things are moving forward. Plants are growing. I can't believe it's almost July.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's good to hear from you Rachel. Your dinners sound fantastic. I am thinking about you!