Thursday, June 22, 2006

La Vida Loca

For some reason, I'm starting to get paranoid about this blog being discovered. I want to talk about work stuff, but I don't want people at work finding this. I'm going to start calling my beloved husband Mr. T. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about previous posts yet.

Things have been so crazy around here. Mr. T is crazy busy at work, and he's en route to San Francisco for a 48 hour stay. That's a lot of flying in a short period of time. So I'm by myself for a couple of nights. Luckily I have plans tomorrow night with S. We always have fun on our girls' night out.

My new job is crazy. I think it will turn out to be good in the end, but right now things are simply insane. One person is going to be sacked. I'm not sure how another is going to react to that firing. The way things are organized for half of the data we collect is completely insane, and has never been revamped. I can't even begin to explain how convoluted it is. It can be fixed, but there is data that hasn't been entered and the only way to get it entered is the convoluted way. And my new boss is scaring me because she's acting micro-manage-y. That is one thing that I absolutely cannot deal with. I cannot be micro-managed. I will quit if I am. But I feel like I can't talk to her about it until a bunch of this crazy stuff is over. Plus, I'm still working part time at my old job. Oh, and we went to the Red Sox game on Monday. My first day at my new job.

Oh, and I still don't have a computer at my new job. I've been schlepping my laptop to work on the subway. Not tomorrow, though. I'll use my officemate's. She doesn't work on Fridays.

Needless to say, I haven't had time to blog, be sad, be happy, be angry, be anything. I'm simply exhausted. I hope everything is okay with you folks out there. I haven't had time to check on anybody, either.

Maybe next week will be better. Happy thoughts to you all!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wishing you a better next week! :-)

Hopeful Mother said...

I hope things calm down for you next week. I also hate being micro-managed!