Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's here!

Just as ultimatejourney suggested, my cm has shown up. It's not the fertile kind yet, but the fact that any was there at all is of great comfort to me. I used an OPK this morning just for peace of mind. No surge yet (which I was expecting) but at least I know for sure and I won't be freaking out all day. I also ordered the sperm. It will get here tomorrow and I will go pick up my vial in the afternoon in case we need to use it this weekend. We still don't know where we're going to have the IUI done and we still haven't heard from insurance.

As far as interviews go, the one on Tuesday went well. I have this hesitating feeling about the woman who interviewed me, though. And right now I'm not sure I could take a job where I have this hesitation. It's still early, and I have no idea if I'm going in for a second interview, never mind get an offer, but I'm not quite certain I would take it if it were offered to me. Luckily, I have another interview today. It's for a much more simple, straight forward position that feels really appealing right now. Of course, I need to go to the interview to see what it will really be like, but if I am pretty much left alone to do this simple work, that might be just the type of job I should take right now. I want something that will keep me busy all day, but won't have too much emotional stress. And I want a job that I will feel comfortable quitting once it is finally (finally!) time to have a baby in our home. So, we'll see.

T is sort of freaking out now that the fertile time is near. He's really scared and sad about all this. I can tell him I think everything will be okay, but there is little I can do to truly make him feel better about it. He went to a little work outing yesterday and a couple of people asked him, "When are there going to be little Ts running around?" It was all he could do to not say, "Never." This breaks my heart.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Whew! Glad you cm is on it's way. Nothing like a little extra to make fertility cycles more fun!

megan said...

glad to hear that your cm is coming along...and impressed that you get enough to know wether it is of the fertile variety or not! :) wishing you guys the best of luck.

Natalie said...

Oh your poor hubby. :( That is indeed heartbreaking.

Wishing you the best of luck this cycle.

JJ said...

Wooohooo come on CM! Hope all goes really really well....you all are in my thoughts.

Becks said...

Ooh that is good news, glad things seem to be normal.

It is so upsetting about T, but I am sure he will make a fantastic dad.

ultimatejourney said...

Yay! It's always fun to be right, but it's especially nice when it involves something good happening for someone I care about.

My heart breaks for T and all the other deserving men who will not get to see their reflection in a child's face.

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

OUCH! Those comments must have killed T and you. I think I might have burst into tears. How did he handle it?

Just being there for T will help. It's good that he is working through his feelings, though.

Glad that cm is showing up and that the sperm is on the way. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I hope there is lots more to follow!

Thinking of you and T.