Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blah

Feeling slightly better today. I still have major inferiority complexes when it comes to my work, and I don't enjoy seeing people I knew when I was actually successful at things (yes, that was high school - how depressing) and letting them see me now. I'm embarrassed about what I do, to be honest. It might be a little better when I am actually doing my new job, but that is still not going to be for a while now.

I'm really not liking my job these days and I can't wait to start the new one. This was just not what I needed right now.

T stayed home from work today because they had a children's Halloween parade with all of the 30 kids under 5 in his office that he's had to watch people have over the last few years while we were left behind. He's not going in tomorrow either, to avoid the aftermath. And pictures. And while he was home he tried to fix something but ended up breaking it more. This has really bummed him out.

And it sucks when we're both bummed out.

But I carved a pumpkin and baked some pumpkin seeds, so that was a little good. And my jack-o-lantern looks good. We have lots of candy for lots of kids tomorrow. And I'm sure we'll eat tons of candy. Too much. I'm going to be gaining weight, I'm sure. Ugh.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I know it's tough. I went back to my high school for my 20th reunion a couple years ago. I think I was the only one without kids. (I may be exaggerating slightly, but not much). It was tough, but I am confident that these feelings of inferiority were feelings I projected on myself. No one else looked down on me for my situation. Keep your spirits up. Things will get better.

Gil said...

So did you get lots of spooks on your doorstep on Halloween?

I can relate to 'hiding out' when you know there are children going to be present. I probably would have done the exact same thing if I were in your hubby's shoes. I just feel like I don't fit in, you know? Anyway, whatever it takes, do what you both need to be comfortable and content; and as Nancy said, chin up, things will get better. Have faith. *hugs*

Happy said...

Ugh! Halloween is the worst (although I used to love it). For me it's the start of the holiday season. You know, I often feel embarrassed because of my job in comparison to my education. I finally decided that no one knows where I've been and what I've gone through (+ in todays world I'm happy to have a job). Like everything else. You're life will change and improve. Good vibes to you.