Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voted already

The polls open at 7am in Massachusetts and T and I decided to get there right when they open to avoid long lines. The line was long-ish, but the poll workers were efficient and we were out of there by 7:15. I voted already! Yay for me!

Now we just have to watch election coverage tonight with election night pizza. This is our tradition.

I just have to say, I am so glad for this campaign to be over. I was so sick of all the talk and the TV ads and everything. I am so happy I don't have to watch any of this crap any more. I am ready to just move on. And hopefully things will move on in the way I hope they will. It's going to be a long night.

Not much new here. We have the Expand Your Search meeting tomorrow night, and hopefully we will begin to truly move forward with our facilitator. I have looked at her forms many time, but have yet to fill them out. I finished putting our photo booklets together and will drop them off at the agency tomorrow evening, since we're going to be there anyway.

Every week I'm going to the meeting in my new department. It really makes me salivate about starting my new job. I really can't wait. Time seems to be creeping, though, and it's unclear when I will actually start. It makes my current job really painful. I'm not enjoying it any more, and my carpoolers make it even worse. In just a few months a lot of these problems will be behind me, but I'm not good at being patient.

Plus, now that so much stuff is kind of 'settled' I have found my new ridiculous worry. I worry that (ok, don't laugh) we will get a placement somewhat quickly and I won't have time to settle in my new job. More realistically, I have been hoping to stay home with our kids for a while, but if I really like my new job and that career path (which it truly could be) I'm not sure I'm really going to want to stay home full time. I need time to become 'essential' in my position so that I could possibly switch to part time, which I think would be fine with me. But I am worrying about these issues. And I know it's stupid because it is so far away and I can't possibly predict what is going to happen, but this is how I function. I have to have something to worry about.

But, at least at this time this is worrying about positive things?

Anyway, I'm going to relax now until it is time to leave for work.

1 comment:

B said...

I'm glaf you've started worrying about positive things too.

If it's any comfort you can at least rest on the fact that you KNOW you are resilent and creative and can probably find a way round whatever the future throws at you - even if it is too much blessings at once!

Barbs