Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sperm Wednesday

I picked up the sperm today. The container was much smaller this time, which I liked. T is feeling sad. I think picking up the sperm and doing the IUI make him sad. I wish there were something I could do to make him feel better, but I don't think there is. I tell him I love him, and I give him a good hug, but that's all I can do. I really can't make this any better for him.

My temp job is insane. I work for a woman in an unpaid position as president of a condo association. Now, it is a huge condo association, but still. Anyway, the reason this woman needs an 'office assistant' is because she doesn't know how to read or send email. It's a hot.mail account. So, she writes out the emails long hand, reads them to me, and I type them into hot.mail and send them. Then I print out a copy for her.

Needless to say, this doesn't take very long. And I only need to do it about 10 times a day. So, most of the day I sit and surf the web. The woman I work for told me that was fine.

It's just so stupid and inefficient! No wonder it takes her so much time to do all this stupid work. She does it twice or three times! What a waste of money for the condo association. But that's not my problem, so I am just trying to keep my mouth shut. Not my forte.

Anyway, still getting negative OPKs. No cm, but I'm chalking it up to Cl0mid. Not sure what's going on.

12 comments:

Knock Me Up said...

Oh man, that would drive me crazy. I hate being bored at work and just surfing the net. What a ridiculous situation. The good thing is that there isn't any stress and maybe you can bring some of your own stuff to do while sitting around waiting for her to write out yet another email.:)

Anonymous said...

I could handle getting paid to surf the net. At least there isn't much stress involved with this job so far.

I hope this IUI does the trick.

Erin said...

I can only imagine how sad it would be for your husband. Just know that when the lil nugget is born he'll be happy as can be.

Sucky about the temp job. Even though it sounds easy, it can be hard occupying yourself all day with NOTHING.

Good luck with the IUI!

JJ said...

Do you like scrabble? You can play virtual scrabble now-and Ill be glad to play a game (or more) with ya=)

All good thoughts for your IUI!!

Becks said...

Keep giving your hubby hugs and love, it must be hard for you both.

The job sounds like it will make the days drag by but at least your stress levels won't be high which is a good thing for success.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I'm ALWAYS bored at work and it is pretty much a nightmare. I'm going on 18 months of all day boredom and I really don't know how much more I can take-I totally sympathize with you!!

That is pretty cool you actually pick up the sperm. Ours gets Fed Ex'd to our clinic and we see it right before it goes in. So much about the donor sperm is hard. I'm thinking of you and hoping so, so hard that this time is the money shot!!

Happy said...

I've had jobs like that...totally inefficient.

Sorry your husband feels down during the insemination process. I know that my husband was sad when we were choosing a donor. I don't think there is anything that you can do other than the hug/love thing.

Anonymous said...

Good seeing you yesterday. May this be the one.

Samantha said...

I've been in a boring job like that before. Blech. Man, if I were in that HOA, I would be seriously questioning the president! But you said, not your problem.

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

Stupid question, but why is the sperm in a smaller container???

ultimatejourney said...

Can you bring your knitting to work?

I hope this is the last time you pick up sperm for a while.

Sarah said...

ok i'm not going to keep commenting on every single post since i have so many to catch up on, but this one just really made me want to say how much respect i have for what you and your husband are going through. i'm not sure my marriage would have been up to it. i hope a couple of weeks from now you get the happiest news ever.