Tuesday, July 08, 2008

working the week away

Work really helps me. Even if it's frustrating or annoying, it's so much better than me sitting at home being depressed. So I'm doing better now. Things are going pretty well there, so going to work is a good thing for me.

We have our first home study meeting next Tuesday. It's supposed to take about 2 hours. I'm not feeling nervous about it. I think we'll get through most of the home study stuff pretty quickly. I think the thing that will take us the longest is the Dear Birthmother letter and the booklet thingy we have to make. I know I'll be mostly responsible for doing it, so I have pretty much myself to rely on. T will have to hook up the photo printer so we can print out pictures, though. And he'll give me input and look things over. I'm just the motivator in the family.

It's really freaking hot in these parts right now. So I'm just sitting here sweating waiting for T to come home. We're going to eat some leftovers for dinner. I haven't been cooking much at all lately. It makes me feel lazy, but I just have no motivation sometimes.

I think that's it for now. Just a regular work week this week and it seems to be helping. I have to get a gift for a wedding this weekend, but I don't know when I'm going to make it to the store. I have half of the gift, but I need the rest. T works with these people, so I guess I can just have him bring it to when they come home from their honeymoon. I'm just waiting for them to announce their pregnancy. I thought I would die if they got pregnant before me, but now that I know it will happen I've found a little bit of peace with it. I'm not freaking out about it when I think of it. When it actually happens, we'll see how I react though.

2 comments:

niobe said...

I've found work to be enormously helpful -- both as a distraction and as a source of positive reinforcement.

ultimatejourney said...

Welcome back (belatedly). I'm glad to hear you're making good progress with the adoption stuff.