Saturday, November 17, 2007

New day, New donor

Blood test is out of the way. We are on to a new donor.

We weren't as picky this time around. We still believe that personality is more important that looks, but this donor is a big guy, just like my T is a big guy. He is strong in math, just like my sweetie is. He reported that he is stubborn, and my dear T has a stubborn streak, himself. He has at least one reported pregnancy, which our last donor did not. He had a family member who suffered from infertility and has a niece who was born via a donor, and that's when he decided to donate himself. He is not an open donor, but we are just going to live with that. His reason for not being open was that the parents that raise the child are the baby's real parents, and he doesn't think he should get involved. I can respect that. Though, if this works out and we would contact him one day, I hope he would be amenable.

Choosing was easier and much faster than I had anticipated. Our last stab at it was long and painful. I guess it's easier the second time around. We bought 4 vials.

I am still planning on using injectables. I'm terrified of multiples, but that feels sort of silly. I really don't want to have multiples. I know a lot of women think twins are great, but I don't. If I ended up with twins, I'd be okay with it, even though it wouldn't be my first choice. But I am completely and utterly terrified of more than that. I guess I shouldn't worry about it since I'm such a poor responder to injectables anyway.

Here's hoping that this guy works.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This donor sounds pretty good. Wishing you lots of luck.

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

> He has at least one reported
> pregnancy, which our last donor did
> not.

I think that's a good thing -- might be more of a factor that you realised...

Happy said...

That's pretty exciting!! I'm glad you haven't given up all hope. If it makes you feel any better I don't want multiples either. The doctor told me straight out that it would put my health at risk because of the added stress on the body. So, I'm trying w/no fertility meds, but I did have a trigger shot. Our donor doesn't have any proven pregnancies, and it does concern me a little.

Samantha said...

I've always been terrified of multiple too, even though it hasn't been a problem for me either.

ultimatejourney said...

The new donor sounds really good.

I'll be hoping for a singleton for you, though if you end up with two you can always comfort yourself with thoughts of 'well, I never have to deal with this sh*t again.'

Somewhat Ordinary said...

This donor sounds great! I really like his reason behing donating-it wasn't just for money or an ego thing. I hope this guy works for you too!