Monday, November 19, 2007

No decision

Because I started bleeding on a Saturday and today is CD3, I cannot do injectables this month. It takes longer than a day to get the insurance approval and I'm supposed to start meds on CD3. So no injectables for me.

I was really disappointed at first, but in the end, I think I'm okay with it. I can still do Cl0mid with monitoring and a trigger shot. Since I'm so oddly paranoid about multiples and we don't know what the 'action' with this donor is like, I'm happy to try one cycle without the injectables. I had two nice sized follicles with the Cl0mid, so that's a good start.

We will set everything up to make sure that if this cycle doesn't work that I will be able to do injectables for the next one. If that one falls through, I will truly be angry.

I can't believe that we're doing this for the 5th time.

6 comments:

Evil Stepmonster said...

It always helps to have a plan B. Good luck with your new donor.

Trace said...

I keep reminding myself that if we were having a kid the 'normal' way very few people get pregnant right away...6 months is the average.

The new donor might be just the thing since you know that you can get pregnant.

ultimatejourney said...

Your logic seems sound to me...best to make sure the new donor's swimmers aren't overachievers before adding injectables into the mix :)

Brooke said...

GRRRR....that is frustrating for sure!!! Try to stay positive.

Happy Thanksgiving. You've been tagged too....a nice distraction....feel free to check my blog or ignore. :)

Sarah said...

sounds like a very good plan, congrats on moving forward and best of luck.

Milk Maid said...

Hi- I read a lot, but I have never commented. We traveled a similar road as you, and it took us 6 trys with DI... and I had no "outstanding fertility issues". I just wanted to say Good Luck~ Keep holding on to your dream. You will make it :D Aradia