Tuesday, April 24, 2007

they're here

Well, they both arrived today. AF is here and the meds are here. There are many more meds than last cycle. Hopefully that's a good thing.

The Lu*veris is a powder that comes with sterile water. I am told that I can inject my other meds into the Lu*veris thingy and then suck it all into a syringe and then stick myself all at once. So, I won't have to do multiple sticks. So I guess that's good. I have to call the needle nurse and figure out how much water I have to put in. I was told I don't have to do the whole thing, but I need to make sure. Has anyone ever done this?

I didn't call my PGD coordinator today, but I'll call her tomorrow. I imagine I'll start the injections tomorrow. Possibly Thursday.

I'm cranky as hell. My job is really annoying and it frustrates me, and I really wish I could have a job that I could just do and then go home. But it just doesn't seem to work that way for me. I have severe job problems. I don't mean now, specifically, I just mean I have problems with jobs in general. I just never like my job. I'm really focused on this fact right now, which is really stupid since I probably should be focusing on the cycle. But I just can't help it. Work stresses me out and I don't like it, but I don't know what else to do. Should I quit? Should I stay? Should I suck it up and deal? How do I cope while staying? How much do I try to tell my boss how much it sucks? How do I stop complaining to coworkers?

I've tried to tell my boss that I'm unhappy, but she hasn't gotten it yet. She blames everybody and everything else but herself.

If I quit, how do I explain that my last two jobs were for 6 months or less? If I decide to take a shit job, how do I explain my hiatus from real work? What is it, exactly, that I should do?

I know, great time for this crisis. But I'm miserable at work and I'm miserable at home and I just need some space where I feel like what I'm doing is accomplishing something.

Feh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work frustrations? Totally understand. I am working a job that I hate so that I can pay for IVF. I can't quit because I have to cycle again. I don't want to work somewhere else because I don't like what I do.

Maybe we should figure out the winning lottery numbers.

Good luck with this cycle!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with this cycle Rachel.

I am sorry that you are having a tough time at work. It sucks that you still haven't found something that suits you. Thinking of you.