Monday, April 16, 2007

Schedule

I spoke with the PGD coordinator today. I now have my meds schedule for our next cycle.

I take my last birth control pill on Friday. I wait for my period to come. On cd2 or 3 I start my stims -- approximately April 27. This means that retrieval will be around May 7. This will be a big week. My mother-in-law is coming to stay with us for a week on May 9, my dreaded 35th birthday is May 12, and the dreaded mother's day is May 13. So, this means that if we have any transferable embryos, they will be transfered right around my birthday. (Remember, we do a day 5 transfer with PGD.) What a week that's going to be.

My mother-in-law is a bit of a handful, but only because she likes to talk a lot about everything, all the time. She kind of trails off at the end of whatever it was she was babbling about and I'm never sure if I'm supposed to be paying attention to what she is saying or not. But she has a wonderful heart, and she will be supportive of us. She isn't too nosy or apt to make insensitive comments, so I think it should be okay. Plus, it seems like my injections will (hopefully) be over by the time she gets here, so that will be good, too. Only my lovely suppositories will be there in all their glory for her to look at.

In crafting news, my sister-in-law taught me how to crochet this weekend, so now I have a whole new craft to obsess about. It's great! I'm not making anything yet, just practicing making my stitches even and not picking up or losing any. It's great fun. I wish I could find a way to make money crafting. That would be ideal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the schedule!

What are you going to crochet first?

Sara said...

You're getting so close now! Good luck with the cycle!

Have fun with the crocheting. What a great new hobby!

Sarah said...

i don't envy you the stressful week but it's so great to have a schedule, isn't it? good luck with this one.

Serenity said...

I definitely don't envy you the week you're going to have. But I suppose at least you won't have much time for obsessing, right?

I'm so happy that they're getting more aggressive this time. Fingers crossed that this gets you one or two good embryos to transfer.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Geez you are going to have one hell of a week Rachel. I hope that you have fun crocheting. I have always wanted to learn to crochet or knit or something...