Thursday, April 26, 2007

on your mark, get set

Injections start tomorrow. Again, that's 375 u Folli*stim and 75 u Lu*veris. First blood test on Sunday.

T and I had dinner with ultimatejourney and her her hubby last night. Good people. It's so nice to be able to have a conversation and casually mix in things like, 'Well, right before the second miscarriage,' and know that they won't think twice about it. It's a weird comfort, but sharing a meal face to face with someone who really understands the pain that you're going through is so helpful. I hope we can do it again soon.

Had acupuncture again. It was good. My acupuncturist was proud of me for 'letting go' at work today.

I suppose that's news too. I have decided to let go of work. I didn't quit. I simply quit caring how f*cked up (this is for you, C in Aus) it is there. I spent hours figuring out how to set up a grant transfer. I even cried over the pressure of getting it done. Twice. It was supposed to happen for May 1. Well, my boss freaked out about it and told everyone to stop working on it. It may happen, it may not. But this is so ridiculous that I decided I can't care about it anymore. I will watch this roller coaster turn into a train wreck, and then I won't work there any more. But until then, I will do whatever it is I have to do, and then when they tell me to switch gears in the middle, I will. I will voice and opinion here and there, but overall, none of this is my responsibility, and they're clearly running this program into the ground, so I'm just going to watch it happen. I can't change these people. I've reached the breaking point. Sure, I will be annoyed sometimes, but I'm not going to let it make me crazy.

Now I have to not let this cycle make me crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this cycle.

It is always great to meet someone who gets it.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with starting stims Rachel.

Larisa said...

Good luck starting stims, and good for you for not letting work get the best of you.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

ultimatejourney said...

Good luck with everything! Sorry work is so frustrating that you have to mentally check out.

Sara said...

Good for you for letting go of the work-related stress, and good luck with the cycle. Keep us posted!