Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nothing doing

I haven't heard anything at all about this situation. The agency is waiting for the expectant mother to contact them. Her father, Bruce, is supposed to show her our photo booklet. He was apparently quite taken by it, but I don't have any idea if this expectant mom has looked at the booklet or is interested or anything. Meantime, I'm just sitting and waiting and trying not to think about it.

Meanwhile I'm trying to settle in to my new job. It's been going well. Today was the first day where I had to start figuring out ways to politic a little and how to handle people and situations and my boss, etc. It was nothing bad, but I did have a few cringe inducing moments.

Wish I had something more interesting to say today. All I can say is that it's been snowing way too much. I'm ready for that to stop.

3 comments:

Hopeful Mother said...

I hope you hear something, anything, soon. It's gotta be a weird feeling not knowing if she's even looked at it, or if she's pondering a decision, or what.

Your new job sounds fantastic - even with the politics - just keeping things interesting.

niobe said...

I know that winter will end eventually. But, gosh, it seems like it's going on forever.

Natalie said...

Oh goodness, this is just way too stressful. :(