Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Discussion

So, the director of our adoption agency called yesterday. She felt really bad about the adoption falling through and told me she is going to make a few phone calls on our behalf and has put us at the top of her priority list in terms of finding a match. I thought that was really nice.

All things being equal, I think I'd rather an adoption match work out. I will explore embryo donation, and I would do it too, but the idea of going back to the RE and the IVF operating rooms just freaks me out. Also, as someone who has come to terms with never gestating a live child, to go back is really difficult emotionally. Some people might be super excited at the prospect, I suppose, but I guess I had just completely given up on it that the idea of going back to hoping is just terrifying.

We want to do whatever is fastest, so I guess for now we are technically going down both roads. I have no idea what is going to happen.

4 comments:

niobe said...

Fingers crossed that something works out quickly.

Unknown said...

I do understand what you trying to say, I don't think I would ever be able to walk back in to a infertility clinic (6 failed IVFs) and I made peace with the fact that I will never be pregnant. There were times that I also looked into embryo adoption, but I can not go back to that place in my mind. We are also trying to adopt a second baby (our DS is 4 as well) The sad thing for me is that my husband is starting to feel that if we don't get to adopt a second baby in the next year or 18 months, he wants to close the book and just be a family of three. I don't know if there will be a second baby only time will tell.

ultimatejourney said...

It makes sense to me that you would prefer an adoption match, and also that you'd want to pursue both options simultaneously. I'm hoping for a short road to a second baby, whichever road it ends up being.

gwinne said...

I'm sorry it's so rough right now.