Saturday, February 10, 2007

Same old same old

Things are not very exciting here. Some co-workers of T's got engaged and we went to their 'engagement brunch' this morning. It was nice. Mellow. It's so funny to see how I know that we're old. We talked about alarm systems (T and I just had one installed) and bank accounts. It's crazy how old we are!

A different co-worker of T's who lives around the corner was broken into. Computer stuff and a passport were stolen. The cops told them there has been a rash of robberies in our neighborhood. Several a day. And T and I have seen broken car glass on the ground a lot lately. So, we decided it would be smart to have one installed. So we did. I'm glad. It wasn't too expensive, and it's good piece of mind. That's what I did on my day off Friday.

I worked all last weekend, so I took Friday off. I do autism research and I was being trained on how to diagnose autism (mostly for research purposes). It was interesting and enjoyable. I used to be a teacher, and it was nice to work with actual kids again. It had been a while.

I'm feeling a little sad. Monday morning we have an appointment with our therapist. I think that I'm going to go alone this week. Things have been a little slow during our sessions lately.

I started watching a move with Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd where he's gay and she's pregnant and she tries to get him to raise the baby with her. I didn't really think about it much. Then they hear the baby's heartbeat. I started crying and shut off the movie. How stupid am I? I think that I'm fine. I don't freak out when I see pregnant women the way I used to. But still, I can only take so much. I don't know why I can't remember to protect myself sometimes.

Haven't been talking to E too much lately. We've both been very busy, but it feels like there's something else too. I try to email her so I don't feel like we've lost touch. But I still feel like there's a cavern between us. Baby S is 7 months old already. He's sitting up now.

I'm just glad tomorrow is Sunday.

No comments: