Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Biostats got my goat

This class is kicking my ass. I just don't understand how to do my current homework assignment. I went to a tutoring session which basically explained how to do the homework. I took notes. I went home and tried to do it on my own, and I only could finish one part. I really, really don't understand this class and I just don't have the where-with-all to sit down and take the time to try to figure it out. My ability to concentrate is completely compromised. I feel like a complete failure.

I have a friend who is helping me out to try and figure this stuff out. She is helping me a bit, but of course she is pregnant, and being around pregnant people is very difficult for me right now. That being said, I am very happy for her and her husband. They had their own set of problems with fertility and it is no small thing that they were successful and will have a baby soon. So it is a good thing, and I'm actually excited for them and for the arrival of their baby. It's still just hard. They had troubles, but ultimately didn't need any ART (assisted reproductive therapy). My point is, it is difficult for my help to help me.

My stats book becons. I'm hoping that a point to a specific subchapter plus the spreadsheet that my friend sent me will lead me in the right direction.

Work? What work?

No comments: