I'm copying this idea from some of the IVF blogs I've looked at.
Six interesting (?) things about me:
1) I've never stayed at a job for more than 2 years. (Actually, I've been at my current job for 2 years and almost 3 months. A record!) I was an Office Manager (1 year), a Database Analyst (1 year), a middle school English Teacher (4 years, but at 3 different schools. 2 years at one school and 1 year at two schools), CSR (8 months while I was looking for a 'real' job), and here I am, a Clinical Research Coordinator (ongoing).
2) I think that if I had the choice to not work, I wouldn't. I never would have thought that I would say this. When I was in high school, I was sure I would be a "Working Woman." But I haven't found that job that makes me want to stay. The closest thing was when I was teaching, but that ended up being way, way too stressful for me. Maybe someday I can find a way to make that work. I still think of myself as a teacher, even though I'm not. But right now I take pleasure in cooking, cleaning, knitting, and all those other domestic activities that never interested me before (well, except for knitting. I've always liked that). But I'm concerned that if I stay home 'forever' then my brains will be 'wasted' somehow or something. I mean, if we get to the point where we have the babies, staying home with them is time well spent. But after they're big, I'll have to go do something, right?
3) I have a really good ear for music (mostly rock/pop, and a little jazz). I'm not a musician. I can't play. But I can identify most singers or musicians that I am familiar with in an instant. I just know who they are, even in contexts where they are unfamiliar. I was always really good at that thing where they play a montage of 1 second clips from different songs. I think it might be my Blink thing.
4) I never thought I would get married. I didn't really date, ever. I can count the number of boyfriends I've had in my whole life on one hand. I didn't kiss a boy until after I graduated high school. I have my list of guys I liked when I was young, but they almost never liked me back. And those that were interested in me, I was never interested in. I thank the stars and Craigslist for my one and only sweetie pie. (Yes, we really did meet through Craigslist.)
5) I miss exercising. I know I should go back to it, but I just haven't. When I was a teacher, I'd go straight from school to this cheap gym and run or go on a machine before I went home and made myself dinner and then worked until bedtime. But now we don't get home until like 6pm and with cooking and cleaning and my class and everything else, I don't know how to fit it into my schedule. But I felt better when I did it, so I have to find some way to figure it out. Maybe I can find a daytime place to work out. Sweat be damned!
6) My biggest pet peeve is when I'm eating something and someone looks at it and tells me how gross/unappealing/foul smelling it is (or says, "Eeeeewww!") I hate that.
And I'm so there with Infertile Myrtle's #6. I'm exactly the same way. And people do it in public! Like on the subway trains! Ew!!! I had a roommate once from France and he would leave his fingernail clippings on the coffee table in the living room. BARF OUT!
Thanks you all!