Monday, March 26, 2007

canceled

Both embryos were unbalanced. My transfer was canceled.

I kept waiting and waiting for a phone call this morning. I knew I would have to leave my office around 10:30 to get there for the 11:15 appointment. At 10:15 time started going so slowly. I had butterflies in my stomach. Then I simply started getting nauseous. It was 10:30. I called T and said I hadn't heard anything. We discussed that I should call to check. I called and was transferred twice, but the results hadn't come in yet. That made sense. Otherwise they would have called to cancel already -- but it still allowed me a tiny bit of hope. I got into the car and started driving. As soon as I left the parking lot, my cell rang. It was some doctor. Both embryos were unbalanced. My transfer was canceled.

I called T. We met in a parking lot for a few minutes. We talked. We talked about how we really think that this won't work for us, but that we will try again. We will try again, and if it doesn't work we will do something else.

T is extremely sad. I am sad too, but I think just slightly less so than he. The only thing we can do is try again.

9 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I am so very sorry Rachel. That just sucks. Sending you a big hug.

Knock Me Up said...

I am so sorry. I wish there were something to say to make it better. Take care of each other. I will be following along as you try again and my hope will continue to be with you. Hope for success and hope that you will be okay as you go through these ups and downs.
Merideth

Valerie said...

I am sorry.

Sarah said...

Oh no Rachel, I'm so sorry. I hope you two have a chance to just relax and take some time together.

Paige said...

I am so sorry.

Hopeful Mother said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Rachel.

Serenity said...

Rachel... I am so so sorry.

*hug*

Anonymous said...

Do not give up. I have the same translocation as your husband. I actually emailed you about a year ago, when I was about to start my third round of IVF. My first two rounds were also cancelled -heartbreaking. Well, here I am almost a year later and my beautiful daughter just turned two months old today. The third round worked, except I opted at the last minute not to do PGD and to transfer all embryos. She is my second child. My first, who is four, was conceived naturally. I am 37. So it is possible. Keep the faith and do not give up. It can happen.

Angie said...

I am so sorry, Rachel.