Saturday, October 28, 2006

Falling back

I didn't have my job interviews on Thursday. Both interviewers called on the same day saying that they needed to postpone. Luckily, I was able to postpone to Monday for both, and on Thursday another potential job called me and I also have a phone interview on Monday. So I have an informational interview, a phone interview and an actual interview on Monday. No going to work. Then, on Friday, I have my teeth out. I am very nervous about the teeth, but I have pain, so I'm also anxious to have them out. Actually, only one hurts, but all four will come out anyway.

We had an estimate done for our two rooms plus a huge hall closet that we haven't done over since we bought the house. By done over, I mean have the horrible '70s wall paper removed, and have them painted a 'normal' color. We are also having the trim in the hallway done. Happily, they're going to put on some gel stain over the paint and make it look dark, like the stain in the hallway. I didn't think it would be possible to make it dark. I thought we would have to strip all the paint off the door jams and whatnot, which would be incredibly time-consuming (meaning expensive, since we're paying someone else to do it). Happily, during the estimate, the painter told us otherwise. Woo hoo! I'm so excited to get this done. We moved in over a year ago, and we still have boxes of crap lying around these two rooms. It will make me so happy to get this done. I am trying to relieve myself of stress, and I think this will help.

And how's this for typical. I'm beginning to worry about the stress I'm going to feel during the upcoming IVF. I think I have to stop reading blogs for a while. It totally works me up, and I get so worked up so easily that I think I just need to distance myself. I need things from another place and time that are not about getting pregnant or babies. I'm going to stick with my SF and fantasy novels for a bit, I think. I'm knitting like a madwoman and generally trying to keep myself busy, but not too busy. Hopefully I can find an interesting yet flexible job.

I really need the new job to be flexible because of all of the doctors appointments I will have coming up. I told my current boss that I might be undergoing IVF just after I accepted. In retrospect, I sort of regret that decision. Not because I don't want work to know, but because I really don't like my boss and don't like that she has this bit of private information of mine. I feel like it's none of her business. However, I want my lovely co-worker J to be updated with what is going on. Her, I like and trust. The boss-lady, not so much.

It's windy out and I made a lovely sausage-vegie soup for dinner. T is playing his video game as I'm typing this. I'm still just so excited to get these rooms done. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with your job interviews. I hope they go well, and you find what you are looking for.

No worries about taking time away from blogland. I have done it many times.

I hope that you are happy with your rooms when you are done. You should post pictures.

Hugs Rachel.