Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Flying down on Sunday

T went to check on hotels in town where the baby will be born. Hotels are booking up quick, so we took a leap of faith and booked hotel and flight for Sunday. We were hoping to wait until Friday after N's doctor's appointment to make sure the time was right, but we feared not getting a hotel room so now it's booked.

Now my big fear is that on Friday the doctor will say to wait a few more weeks. Not sure what we'll do then. I guess just postpone the flight and cancel the hotel booking. More fees. I guess it's only money.

Got a newborn sized doll and we've been practicing playing big brother. Henry is doing quite well. He seems interested and patient about it. I'm guessing it won't last, but at least he's happy about it for now.

We lost our heat for 2 days. It's snowing AGAIN for the 3rd time in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to the warm weather, and I don't even really like summer.

I can't believe this is happening. I'm seriously going to start putting things in suitcases.

Holy crap.


DrSpouse said...

Wow, that's exciting. We ended up booking our flight the day after Baby Spouse was born, arriving when he was 2 days old but late at night, and so we met him when he was 3 days old. We think we're going to pack our suitcases about a month ahead, but fly out immediately like we did last time. Because of our situation, there's a risk we (and the baby) will arrive weeks before the paperwork.

DrSpouse said...

PS you do know I'm checking daily, no, hourly for updates!

ultimatejourney said...

Sounds like everything is coming together! So exciting!

Delenn said...

Wishing you all the best!

astral said...

I'm very excited for you!!