Sunday, November 29, 2009

Blogging

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep blogging or not. I may take a break for a while. I've never had much in the way of readership (which is fine with me) and I've used this blog as a catharsis. I'm doing pretty well these days and I'm just not sure I feel like taking the time to blog. This is pretty obvious as I haven't been blogging that often lately. I may find the need to blog again in which case I will. But expect posts to be few and far between.

One thing I wanted to say before I take my break is kind of weird to say and I don't really know how to start. I guess I have read other people's blogs who have said that they're thankful in some ways for all of the trouble they had with infertility because without it they wouldn't have their child. I do not feel this way. I love Henry so much I could never put it in to words, and I feel my love for him grow bigger every single day. There is nothing I wouldn't do for him. I believe our match with CC and O. was an excellent one and everything worked out. That being said, I also believe that if we didn't struggle in the way we did, we'd love the child we had as much as we love Henry, and we wouldn't have had to suffer nearly as much. I guess I just don't believe in fate or in things that are "meant to be." I do, however, believe in the way things are, and right now things are good.


Henry and me in a ring sling I made. It needs a little more work.

11 comments:

Miss CanAM said...

I just wanted to say hi. I am a "lurker" (I've never posted a comment) but i have loved reading about Henry :) It is understandable that you have a lot going on and blogging isn't #1, but I know I will miss the pictures of your beautiful baby boy. Hopefully you can still post a few here and there :) How is your dog adjusting to the new addition?

Marci P
Ontario Canada

Robin said...

I have only been reading for a few months, but I have enjoyed getting to "know" you. Your little guy is just adorable and I'm so glad you're happy. If you need or want to take a break, that's your right and I think your blogger friends would understand. But we do want to be updated on Henry's progress from time to time ;)!

Delenn said...

Been a reader for some time now, and I am so happy that you are at this place. I would love to see updates, watch little Henry grow, but I do get that your needs/wants might not mean blogging. I am pragmatic like you and feel that the here and now is the most important thing to remember.

That being said, I am very happy that I "met" you through your blog and wish you and yours the very best.

Stacie said...

I think I get what you mean about the struggle. I can't say that I am grateful for it either. Even with all of the beautiful things in my life, I could still have done without the heartache of infertility.

I had someone tell me, after my second miscarriage, that at least when I finally did have a child, I'd really love him. Um. Sorry, but I'd really love him without miscarrying. I didn't need to go through that to prove to myself that I'd love a baby. Sigh.

While I totally get the need for a break, please know that I'll miss you. Much love to you...

Kelly said...

I will miss you (and I have been missing you!), but of course I understand that your life is very different and that blogging is no longer a priority for you. I am happy to hear about you being happy, but I also appreciate you being honest about your thoughts and feelings. I have never believed that this would all just go away or that I would necessarily find a bigger reason for our struggles (as many do) - but I do know happiness is in the plan eventually! Please amuse us with a picture of Henry now and then, and take care of yourself!

Leah said...

I've been reading forever. Or at least I feel like I've "known" you forever. I'm shitty at commenting, but I assume you still knew I was reading.

Though I will miss the pictures of your beaming smile and Henry's adorable face, goodness knows that I understand the reality of letting your blog fall into disrepair. I think I've posted twice in four months.

So whenever you do post, I'll be there to read it. And when you don't, I'll be here thinking about you guys.

Hopeful Mother said...

I'll miss you too, but understand that life keeps you busy. Come back when you can/if you want to!!

Sue said...

I'll miss your updates too, but I'm glad you're happy. Have lots of fun with Henry and any time you feel like posting about it, please do.

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so glad you're doing well, and I understand where you're coming from on the blogging front. I guess we'll just have to stay in touch IRL :) All the best to you guys.

Anonymous said...

I don't comment often, but I do read...

I understand what you mean on one hand. I don't feel like my DD was fated to be mine. I don't believe it was "meant to be", etc. But the suffering I went through DID open my eyes to the struggles that others go through and I do think I look at parenthood differently. I do think I would've taken it more for granted. My struggles made me realize how strong I am. Just my perspective!

Me said...

I guess I'm like you - IF just plain sucks.

Nice work with the ringsling :) Couple of things that should increase your comfort - move it towards the outside of your shoulder a bit, away from your neck. You also want to have Henry's legs bent at the knees so his knees are higher than his bum, with the fabric running from knee to knee, making a good "seat" for him. I honestly found ringslings harder to learn to use than woven wraps!