Sunday, June 21, 2009

50th

Today is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. They don't know about this blog, but it's too big of a deal to not mention.

Here is a picture of my mother, my brothers and me when my mother was about the same age as I am now -- probably a year or so younger, actually. My dad was most likely taking the picture and that is why he's not in there.


Would you say I'm around 2 in this picture? Maybe a little younger? If so, my brother S on the left is about 10 and my other brother J in the middle is about 13. My mom would be about 36. I think it's funny that my brothers look like they're paying such attention to me. S looks especially amused by me.

I just can't believe my parents have been married for 50 years. I mean, can you imagine? I know I certainly can't. If T and I are to make it to our 50th, we will both be well into our 80s.

Isn't life funny? What was it that John Lennon said? Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans?

2 comments:

MtnGirl said...

Happy 50th to your parents! Mine celebrated their 50th last year. I've only been married 4.5 years and quite frankly, some days I don't understand WHY I even want to be married! If we stay married for 20 years, that will be miracle and my dh would be in his 70s....Are you having a party for your parents or ????

niobe said...

Happy anniversary to your parents! I love the picture.

A 50th anniversary is a big deal, especially these days. My mom has been married for 45+ years. But only if you add up her marriages to three different guys. Sigh.