Monday, April 29, 2013

Two months left

Two months until K's due date. We have been telling Henry that he is going to be getting a brother. This morning he asked me, "Why isn't my brother here yet?" Perhaps we told him too early. He is clearly thinking about what it will mean.

He's asking about where his brother is now. I told him he is in his birth mom's uterus. Then I asked him whose uterus he grew in. He said me. This is the first time he has said that. But I said no, that I couldn't grow a baby in my uterus. I asked him again and he said CC's name. He is clearly thinking about things.

I am starting to feel anxious, but I also just want this wait to be over.

I am assuming that the baby will need to stay in the NICU for a month (which is pretty much worst case scenario) and I just don't know how we will handle that. I have kept the maintenance method of the expectant mom to myself, not letting the family know. I don't know how I will keep it from my parents if they come to FL when the baby is born to help care for Henry.

But this wait is so difficult. I am emotionally prepping the best I can, but we have been matched for a long time now. I hope I didn't make a mistake telling Henry. Not sure how to explain if K changes her mind.

But things are still moving forward. We have two months until the baby is due.

Yikes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs!!

Anonymous said...

hugs!!

Sue said...

Good luck - to all of you.

ultimatejourney said...

This match has really been a long one. Every time I think of you, it's with the thought that you must be getting close to the baby's birth. And then I realize June is still a ways off.

I think you are doing the right thing telling H. It's a pretty abstract thing until the baby actually arrives, and he probably wouldn't process it as a loss if the baby didn't come home with you...but he needs to be prepared for the big change when the baby does come home.

I hope all goes well with the baby's arrival.