Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CC called

Out of nowhere, CC called me. I missed the call, but I called back. I wasn't sure it was her when I was calling back, but it was and I talked to her on the phone.

They moved and the packages we sent didn't get to her. The agency mailed them to her, but she never received them. She said she'd send me her address and I'd resend them. She said she got our emails, etc.

It wasn't weird talking to her, even though I haven't talked to her in over a year. She sounded good and happy. Good things seem to be happening in their lives. They've had a bunch of not so great things happen, but they seem to be going okay.

I told her how well H was doing. We talked for about half an hour. I was walking home from H's music class. I didn't block our 'real' number so I think she has our last name and my real phone number now. (We originally gave her a forwarded number to her.)

It was nice to hear from them. We had been worried about them. I feel really badly that they hadn't received the last updates. She was bummed too.

I like that we can talk to them. I'm not sure what our open relationship is really going to be like. I am certain I want to communicate with them regularly, but I'm not certain what that communication is going to look like. I don't like unpredictable things, so that part of this makes me nervous. But It really was a relief to hear from them and that things are going pretty well.

4 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

That's wonderful news! I know it was unsettling for you not to hear from them in so long. I'm really glad she reached out and that you had such a nice conversation.

Robin said...

Wow... You are really my model for the way a parent should act in this situation. I think bio parent contact would freak me out, but you handle it so well!

I think we are heading toward adoption. I just had my first and last failed IVF cycle. We feel adoption is right for us on a lot of levels. It's scary though.. I think I need to do some back reading on your blog.

Sue said...

That's exciting news - I'm glad you were able to reconnect.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you heard from her. I am sure the uncertainty of the relationship with her isn't easy.