Monday, January 11, 2010

stuff

Henry is good. I've been feeling a little isolated recently. I think it's mostly PMS. I do keep busy and have things to do all day. I do realize how lucky I am to be able to stay home. But the fact of the matter is, sometimes taking care of a baby, no matter how well behaved and adorable he is, can be a little boring. With the freezing cold weather and PMS and things, I've been having a tough time of it the past few days. I have a busy week coming up so hopefully it won't last, but I guess it boils down to the fact that both Henry and I are pretty sick of our living room. I've signed up for a moms' night out dinner, and I think I have to make sure to leave Henry home with T on the weekends and make sure I have some 'me' time.

E&R&S gave Henry a giraffe. He loves it.

He's almost 5 months old. He's eating oatmeal and rolling over and seems pretty close to sitting up. He's the greatest kid. I love him to pieces. When his bottom lip curls, my heart melts. Why is that sad face so cute?

I'm working on making Henry a little yoda sweater. I hope my troubles lift.


7 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I've been feeling much the same way about being cooped up indoors. Although in my case, it's starting to extend to outside-the-house activities and I think it means it's time to go back to work. And perhaps also that I need to do more evening stuff.

I hope you get your mommy mojo back soon.

Sue said...

Definitely get out as much as possible - with Henry, with other moms, or just by yourself. There's never any shortage of things to do around the house, but that's not much fun for you! Your troubles will lift, and I hope you feel better soon.

Delenn said...

I know that its tough being with a baby all day. I was unemployed for about 4 months and was going crazy! It does get a little better once they can crawl/walk etc.

What helped me cope was to make sure to get out of the house every day--even in crappy weather, I would bundle her up and go somewhere--even to the mall to just window shop. Being around other people helped--and having some type of schedule (Monday I am going to the Baby Movies @ the Capital in Arlington; Tuesday I am going here; Wednesday I am going there) really really helped.

I hope your funk lifts soon! :-)

Oh, and he is SOOO CUTE!! I love stuffed giraffes, too!

Deborah said...

Are you in any moms' groups? I think it is really important to hang out with other adults and to get out of the house. There are tons of groups available, and it may take some time to find the right fit, but hopefully you'll find a balance.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you've got some good thoughts about needing to get some "me" time out of the house. I hope your troubles lift soon...

niobe said...

SAHMing is really, really hard. Especially in the cold weather. Even when I was working out of the house (meaning I had deadlines, projects I had to finish and constant phone contact with other people) I found myself going slowly bonkers.

What helped was to aggressively schedule lots and lots of things to do that got me out of the house. I even got a sitter to come in for a few hours on the weekends, just to give me time to get out and do stuff.

Robin said...

Being a SAHM is a tough job!! You definitely need to carve out some me time. Otherwise you just sort of feel lost. It's a big shift from before baby work and freedoms.
Good luck!