Saturday, May 02, 2009

Weekend

I'm pleased it's the weekend. I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday, but I came home early and took a nap, and then I slept for a good 9-10 hours last night. I hope I feel better this morning.

Today a Ravelry friend is going to bring her greyhound over so the cats can meet a dog for the first time. I hope it goes well, but I really have no idea what to expect.

Tomorrow I am going to have coffee and a crepe with the lovely Niobe, and then T and I are going to a greyhound kennel. There we can ask tons of questions and walk a few dogs. I'm hopeful this will 'get it out of my system' a little bit and I can calm down about this whole greyhound thing. Right now I'm completely obsessed.

It is May which is a tough month for me, and I'm feeling our 'wait' pretty heavily. T and I have decided to not use that facilitator and are instead going with a full service agency out of state. This probably means our wait will be a little bit longer, but it takes the pressure off of us to ensure proper dealings with birth families. I think the facilitator option would make me too crazy, and I really don't need anything that will make me crazier than I already am.

I have filled out the application and changed around our book a little bit. I think it is better. So we just need to print out the book and mail everything off. We're going to have to renew our homestudy in about October, so we've already been waiting 6 months with probably 12-18 more to go.

I just can't believe that I was pregnant twice when I was 33 and in two weeks I'm going to be 37 with another year of waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the cat meeting dog situation goes well!

Say hello to Niobe for me.

I hope you are so very wrong about your wait.

beagle said...

I so envy you for the chance to meet niobe!! And I LOVE greyhounds. Hope the feline canine meeting goes well!

And May stinks for waiting families. June will be better. I like June a lot. June was my month.

I'm crossing my fingers really hard that you will be bloggin next May about YOUR favorite month!

(Oh hell . . . if we're wishing, May has 31 days, there is still time for THIS May to be great . . . hey powers that be . . . get a move on here!)

and my word verification? abilymom . . . whatever . . . sounds good . . .