Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On Top of Everything Else....


B-dog bit Henry in the face this morning. Henry is fine. We took him to the ER and he got 3 stitches on his cheek.

We have decided that we will have to send B-dog back to the rescue where we got him. We want everyone to be safe. But because he bit someone, he technically has to be in quarantine for 10 days, and that's supposed to be in the town where the incident occurred. In 10 days we will most likely be in FL, and I don't want this to happen again between now and then (though it is unlikely, I think.) I hate for it to drag on like this.

This has been a really horrible day.

I am feeling really sad about this decision, but know it is the right one.

We are doing ok. 

3 comments:

Almamay said...

Poor Henry. Hope he is OK. Poor B Dog. Hope he finds a good new home.

Natalie said...

Agh! I am so sorry! It is so hard being an adult and dealing with situations like this. For what it's worth I would do the same thing, it's very unfortunate but everyone's safety comes first.

ultimatejourney said...

Ugh, I'm sorry Rachel. It's a hard decision to have to make.

I hope once baby brother is born, it becomes clear how to handle the situation with your parents. I wonder if the NICU nurses could suggest some un-scary excuses to give about an extended hospital stay, if that's what happens. It's so wonderful that they want to be involved, and so ironic that their desire to help is causing stress.